Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving


via Flickr: Whipped Bakeshop

I made a promise to myself yesterday that I would NOT turn on my computer and to enjoy the day with family therefore this blog entry is really "on time" and not "a day late."

I love Thanksgiving. It's a holiday that is genuine- focused on being thankful and appreciative. There are no gifts or the stress of earning approval or the feeling of having to evoke fake-excitement (you all know what I am talking about there).

Kyle and I are very fortunate to be able to see both our our families in the same day. We live about a hour away from his parents and 10 minutes from my parents. We met our new niece Violet for the first time, ate way too much food (two dinners) and then laughed until we cried while googling "how wine corks are made" and trying to say Cork Oak Tree really fast 5 times in a row- try it. On top of the fun we are so thankful to have such great families and homes.

This isn't a "soap box" entry it's a reality entry. We take for granted our roof over our heads, running water in our kitchens and bathrooms, electricity, fine food on the table... We do live in a country where it's possible to own a home and land and a country that fights for our freedom. We have great people in our lives that love us unconditionally.

I hope over the next couple days, while you are fighting the next person in line for the last GI Joe, or whatever toy is the "it" item, you take a moment to be thankful for what you have- and most importantly tell those you love you are thankful for them. Here is what I am thankful for...

My husband Kyle.
My parents Steve and Gail.
My brother Andrew.
My puppy Murphy.
My extended family(s).
My friends who are scattered all over the city and country.
My company that started off as a dream.
My beautiful home that's safe and warm.
My faith and belief in the I Am.

Now go get those door buster deals and eat leftovers- that's what we're going to do!

1 comments:

Jen K. November 28, 2009 at 2:24 AM  

I LOVE your new blog!! :D Congrats dear!! I'm thankful for you, Kyle, Murphy and your amazing friendship! Enjoy your weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP