Thursday, January 14, 2010

Could this be for you?



I subscribe to 60+ blogs in my Google Reader. (If you don't know what Google Reader is or have yet to create your own, I highly encourage you to do so.) With so many "experts" becoming accessible through blogging and social media, I am constantly fueled and challenged creatively by their works.

From Business, Photography, Food (labeled "Cucina" in my reader), Design, Wedding, etc. I follow all types of blogs. One of my favorite blogs to read is that of Jasmine Star. I don't remember how I found her, probably from one of the many esteemed wedding blogs or national publications that she's graced, however I am drawn in "like a moth to a flame." (Thanks Janet for the eternally great lyric!)



Her work is real, fun and spellbinding but her character and humility is other worldly. Through her strong blog presence and killer technique she's built an amazing business from the ground up. One could assume her blog is about technique, do's and don'ts (there is some of that) but I doubt you'd be prepared for her level of transparency.

One of her posts that I've shared the most with my own clients is one that Glamour Magazine asked her to contribute- The First Look: Groom's Perspective. Here at A Day in May, Event Planning & Design, we are so fortunate to have clients committed to professional photography and the artists behind the lenses. They are so committed that they are willing to sacrifice two hours or more of their time, away from their guests for their own private photoshoots with rockstar photographers.

I hear from many of our clients that cocktails and conversation are what they enjoy the most about weddings they attend. When it comes time to planning their own weddings, extended cocktail time is a "must have." Being so inspired by Jasmine's article, I've been encouraging couples to really think more about their wedding day experience and what they want most. Not necessarily what's been "done before."

Would you be willing to see your groom/bride before the ceremony? Granted, seeing one another before the wedding ceremony is not for everyone. But, it could be for you!







Thanks Jasmine for being real and creative! You are a gift!

Images courtesy of Jasmine Star Photography blog.

1 comments:

Zach January 15, 2010 at 12:23 PM  

Call me old-fashioned, but one of the highlights of the day for me was waiting to see my beautiful bride, for the first-time, walking down the aisle. Wouldn't have traded it for anything.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP