Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Holiday Hangover- The Rewind

I had grand hopes of blogging through Christmas and New Years filling you all in on our whereabouts and excitement, but obviously that didn't happen. I didn't even post a "Merry Christmas" or "Happy New Year" update... don't hate, I'm sorry.

From December 21 through January 1, we were entertaining and traveling like the Three Wise Men trying to get to Baby Jesus. Due to the extended absence I've decided to create a Holiday Hangover- The Rewind, mega post. The Holidays, for us, are filled with reunions and games, laughter and cocktails and lots of food. We traveled over 1,000 miles and visited with more than 40 of our closest friends and family and had a blast in the process. Check it out...

5 w's of the post, working from Left to Right, Top to Bottom:

Row 1: our everyday holiday table setting, my fetish with Christmas lights and ornaments at night, vintage ornament from my Grandparent's house in Indiana

Row 2: My Grandparent's tree in Indiana (photo taken with iPhone and processed with TiltShiftGen app), our 3rd Annual Homemade Gingerbread house, front of Amical after a meeting which could potentially change A Day in May forever

Row 3: Swedish Spritz cookies, the coolest holiday wine bottle packaging from Karla of which I will never regift, vintage cross stick at Dorthy Jane downtown Traverse City

Row 4: the lighting of the Christ candle at Christmas to remember God's ultimate gift to us- His son Jesus, some of my favorite ornaments from our travels and years past, our tree

Row 5: cool children's book cover, self portrait, Murphy snoozing after the first of his 3 Christmases

Row 6: welcome to our home, the stockings were hung by the chimney with care, I heart glass ornaments

Row 7: Christmas eve tablesetting, Mom and Dad's Christmas tree, Kyle's parent's Charlie Brown tree

Row 8: downtown Traverse City early morning, vintage jingle bells wrapped on my present, felt wreath at The Nest downtown Traverse City

Now, what you aren't seeing are all the crazy holiday photos of my family and I. Don't think that I am chickening out, or that I don't want to share them with you. This isn't the case. To be perfectly honest I am too lazy to go through and edit them all. (Perhaps I'll share the New Year's photos!) I will however, share this one picture with you. It happened to be our family Christmas card this year.


Even though Christmas and New Year's has come and gone Kyle, Murphy and I hope that your holiday season was full of love and happiness, rest and celebration and most importantly quality time spent with those you cherish most.

(P.S. Not sure why my collage is all blurry- something happened with the import!)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP