Monday, December 14, 2009

Jessica & Andrew, Part II



I love weddings. Not in a creepy "I'm-living-my-dreams-through-my-clients" kind of way. I love weddings for their raw emotion, celebration and community. Jessica and Andrew's July 4, 2009 wedding at the Grand Traverse Resort & Spa was a fairy tale and Cinderella found her glass slipper. From the moment guests arrived the day was a celebration of Jessica and Andrew's love, their family's love, and the raw emotion of the commitment they made to one another before God and their witnesses.

I also love weddings for the surprise factor! I was so excited that Coleen and Shawn also shared this love of surprises. With Jessica and Andrew in Arizona it was easy to keep things hush, hush. The biggest surprise was the total transformation of the Michigan Ballroom where their reception would take place. Shawn, Coleen and I chose every detail meticulously. Jessica signed off on the linens and a sampling of the details during a spring visit home, but we kept the big look a surprise. (I think we told them there would be "perimeter lighting" and some draping behind the head table. He he! Yes that was a sinister laugh.)

With the help of the ridiculously talented Special Events Rental, Todd Guitar and his team transformed the empty ballroom at the Resort into a Moroccan tent filled with color, light, and elegance. Here is the first glimpse Jessica and Andrew had at their wedding reception... surprise!


And since I love surprises, you will have to wait until tomorrow to see what Andrew and Jessica saw! Today, I want to share one of Jessica's favorite details from the big day. (I cannot take credit for the vendor find, that belongs to my dearest friend Jodi Bos of In Any Event. Thanks Jodi!)

As I said before, Jessica was born to be a bride. When we were planning her wedding ceremony I mentioned rolling down a customized aisle runner for Jessica and her dad to walk down. She loved the idea! We began working with Artistic Floral Design, who specialize in gorgeous cloth runners. The team of Cheryl and Valerie were fabulous in ensuring the width, length and custom painted design were perfect.

Jessica and Andrew chose a beautiful scripture verse for their runner; Mark 10:8 And the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one. The runner was a signature element of their ceremony. The two exchanged their vows under the outdoor Pavilion surrounded by beautiful rose gardens.





Coming up tomorrow... the ballroom and more of Jen's fabulous photography!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP